TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS & INNOVATIONS INCUBATION CENTER (TBIIC)
BY MR. AMBROSE ASHABAHEBWA
Technology Business and Innovations Incubation center (TBIIC) medium term strategy
- To be a leading Centre in Technological Innovation and Development in Africa.
- To provide Technology Development, Marketing and Consultancy Services to Start-ups and Growing Entrepreneurs.
C. Mandate of the TBIIC
i) To nurture innovative agro-technology based ideas into viable commercialized newtechnologies
ii) To facilitate the creation of job opportunities for start-ups and growingentrepreneurs.
iii) To act as the intermediary for the transfer of knowledge based technologiesand linkages with farmers, agro-processors and entrepreneurial communities
iv) To provide a source of revenue for Busitema University through commercialization and mass production of technologies and consultancy services provided by the incubator.
D. Strategic activities
- Develop Technologies:
- Carry out society visits to find out what technologies can be developed by university for them.
- From students’ projects, select the most applicable to solve societyproblem/challenge.
- Novel ideas/concepts that can address society problem.
Areas of focus:
- Agricultural Post harvest Handling
- Agricultural Value Addition
- Health (Human and animal)
- Education services
2. Market the technologies through outreach
- Participate in national agricultural and trade shows.
- Take technologies to farmer groups.
- Update website with the innovations.
3. Massive production and business
- Demand driven
- Market oriented
4.Support for small scale startup businesses (technology based)